1. Quit job at the restaurant (finally)
2. Was promoted to be a senior next year.
3. Dad started a bakery business with Johnny.
4. Johnny got a puppy.
6. Summer break.
7. Vacation with Lindsay coming soon!
1. ok, I officially quit in May. Every since February I was thinking, "Im never going to make it a whole year working here, its just impossible". So the first Sunday of May I put in my 2 week notice. I dont think I clarified in other posts but after working as a hostess for a couple of months, I was moved to the Pantry (which works the salad bar). After I quit, a hostess who is my exact age (shares b-day) took over my job. So now she is a hostess, as well as a panty person. She called me on our birthday to wish me a happy b-day...that was nice. I also went out to eat there a couple weeks ago. That was the first time I ever went there after quitting. The other female hostess stopped by our booth and talked. She's really nice.
2. I was a bit worried that I might not become a senior next year actually. My Junior year was my worst year by far academically. I thought I was going to fail my math exam so the day after I took it (after school) I went to my teacher and asked what my final grade was and she assured me that I passed! I was happy and relieved.
3. Yup, dad is finally getting his dream of working for himself. He lost his job at the restaurant he was working at and that cut off our insurance (so we dont have insurance anymore). But because of that dad was finally motivated to start up his own thing, and with his friend Johnny, who lives with us anyway, they started a bakery business! Sure dad didnt go to college for anything, but Johnny graduated as a pastry chef and they are both extremely creative when it comes to making their own food. Now that they have tons of orders coming in and contracts with restaurant chains, we'll be getting a lot more money soon...hopefully.
4. Johnny got a puppy! Theres a long story behind it but Ill sum it up. When Johnny moved down here with us he had a dog named Dillan (girl dog). He let some friends take care of her while he lived with us because we already have 2 dogs (we had 3 at the time) and he didnt want to be a burdon. We'll, Johnny went back home (in PA) for a visit and he called the people he left Dillan with...and they refused to give his dog back. He went up to PA and tried to talk to them personally, but found out that these people had stolen his dog and taken her off somewhere. So he was very upset and angry but had to give up the search... so he got a new dog. The dog is a hound mix, mostly Coon hound and his name is Keller. He's cute, and very hyper. Edik isnt too bad with him either.
5. My computer finally died. Did I mention that it was making really odd noises. Well, it took a long long long long time, but it officially died. Actually, with the help of Kristen. One day it shut off on its own again (Like it always did) so I called Kristen in cause I couldnt get it going myself, but when she unplugged the back, there was a spark...and smoke. Dad looked at it, it was dead. He tried to fix it by adding different spare parts we had, but nothing worked. So, I gave up on Desktop computers for life. I will never ever use them again. I bought myself an HP Pavilion dv6000 for about $800. I had $1k in my checking account when I walked into Best Buy, and walked out with only $300. oh well, it was for the best.
6. Summer... ok, I had a lot of plans for this summer (who doesnt) and like last year, they didnt come true. Once again I was rejected from ZooTeens. Im going to try again next summer though!!!! I dont have a job (I sent an online application in to PetsMart...) and Im not doing anything else. I really wanted to become more active this summer but with the car in the condition it is in right now (transmition is dying) and with the pool not being open... I didnt get my desire. I'll find a way to ger around it though.
7. Today marks 22 more days until my vacation with Lindsay! She just called me yesterday (which is amazing, Im usually the one to call her even though I dont often cause I hate the phone). So we talked normally and we're both excited. We're still trying to think of things to do for the week that Im staying at her house before we leave for the beach... I have to call her tonight and talk more.
Ok, so thats it. Another update will come when I feel like it. Bye bye!